The next Sexual Attitudes Reassessment workshop will be held in Toronto Ontario on September 2-4 2017
Sexplore with Den Temin is proud to present the Intensive SAR Spring 2017 workshop in a city that will offer participants an environment to explore their attitudes and values about sex, sexual behaviours, sexualities, and gender identities. Toronto is a vibrant city with diverse environments that offers wonderful safe spaces that are playgrounds to explore what turns us on and gets us off. The city is a fantastic web of community hubs that celebrate diverse sexualities and self-exploration where we will be able to learn, grow and confront ourselves by being able to venture out on field trips and visit different sexual spaces.
The Intensive SAR Spring 2016 Workshop aims for participants to:
• Gain self-awareness and self-examination of issues regarding sexual behaviors, sexualities, and gender identities that confront them.
• Identify and reflect upon their personal attitudes and values towards sex, sexual behaviors, sexualities, and gender identities.
• Expand and challenge their personal knowledge in regards to sex, sexual behaviors, sexualities, and gender identities.
• Have a deeper understanding of the correlation between personal attitudes and values in regards to sex, sexual behaviors, sexualities, and gender identities and the impact they have with their personal and professional growth, development and practice.
The schedule of the SAR workshop will be:
Saturday September 2: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday September 3: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Monday September 4: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
We believe in experiential learning and lived experiences; therefore as part of our curriculum we have scheduled 3 field trips to diverse and different sexual spaces in the city of Toronto.
The subjects and issues we will be exploring are in regards but not limited to:
• The Self: Sexuality development and age
• Sexual and Reproductive Health (HIV / AIDS, STI’s)
• Intimate Relationships / Multiply Partners (Polyamory)
• Casual Sex
• Sexual Orientations (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Heterosextual)
• Gender Identities (Transgender / Cisgender / Two-Spirit)
• Intersectional Sexual Lens